Vegetables are incredibly beneficial and delicious, and especially if grown in our own garden, they can help you boost health in countless ways. gardening, home, gardening, home, gardening, home, home
Backyard gardening has numerous benefits. First of all, the consumption of more vegetables will help you stay healthy and prevent numerous diseases and ailments. These veggies will be rich in nutrients, and you will lower the risk of the consumption of produce rich in harmful chemicals, as you will know exactly what are you eating.
Gardening is also a great physical activity, that will help you burn 400 calories per hour, and it will keep your mind sharp, as it is a great mental exercise. Gardening is a natural way to relieve stress, and the time spent outside, in the fresh air and sunshine will make you feel rejuvenates and happy.
Moreover, you will save money on groceries by growing your own, organic vegetables for a fraction of the cost in the stores. Even if you do not have enough space for a larger garden, there is always a way, as you can try container gardening.
The following 15 vegetables grow perfectly in this way:
1. Radishes can be planted in wide or deep pots
2. Eggplants do really well in containers
3. Carrots can be grown in moist soil and in cooler weather
4. Cucumbers can be planted in medium to large pots, but need to be watered regularly
5. Zucchini grows great in containers and is easy to take care of
6. Spinach needs partial shade, so shove it in the corner of the porch, in a larger pot
7. Kale enjoys cold weather and grows well in containers
8. Tomatoes are easy to take care of and fit perfectly in a middle-sized pot
9. Beans can be grown in containers as well, just use a trellis to help them grow upwards and get plenty of sun
10. Garlic is also perfect for container gardening, but keep the bulbs about five inches apart from each other
11. Peppers can also be grown in containers
12. Lettuce can be grown in a wide pot, and you can harvest it multiple times throughout the season
13. Collard greens will also grow ideally in containers
14. Chard can be planted in small pots, but make sure it has at least 6 inches of space
15. Peas do not need a lot of space, so you can grow them in a smaller pot on the balcony
Try growing these nutritious vegetables in containers at home, and reap all their benefits!