It is possible to do exercises in the morning that will put you in a good physical and mental state for the rest of your day. And there is no need to torture yourself with an exhaustive workout. You can do some simple and fast exercises, even in bed in the morning. This will help you to wake up feeling fresh and full of energy.
We know how difficult it is to force yourself to go work out in the morning, that is why we found 7 great exercises that you can do while still in bed.
1. Butterfly pose
Butterfly pose is an excellent position that helps you to relax, meditate, and overall feel more balanced.
1. While laying on your back, exhale and bend your knees. Bring your heels close to your pelvis.
2. Your feet should touch each other.
3. Place one hand on your stomach and one hand on your chest.
4. Inhale, hold your breath for a few moments, and then exhale slowly.
5. Repeat 10 times.
2. Plank for strength
Plank is very effective. It strengthens the abdominals, the back, and the shoulders:
- Get into an upper push-up position, balancing on your forearms, instead of your hands.
- Lift your body to make a straight line from your head to your heels.
- Hold the plank for 20 seconds and breathe steadily.
- Rest for 30 seconds.
- Repeat 3 times.
3. Happy baby pose
The happy baby pose helps you to stretch your legs and strengthen your back. It is very simple:
- Lay on your back.
- Lift your knees up while keeping your hips on the mattress.
- Grab your feet around the big toe area and start pulling your knees down toward your chest.
- Stay in this pose for 5 to 10 breaths.
Half-bridge will strengthen and stretch your whole body:
- Lying on your back, place your feet on the bed, with your knees bent. Legs should be hip-width apart.
- Lift your tailbone and push it up until your body makes a straight line.
- Pause for 30 seconds, keeping your tailbone lifted, and then slowly lower down.
- Repeat 3 times.
5. Leg lifts
Leg lifting will make your abs and hip muscles stronger and improve your circulation:
- Lie flat on your back. Your arms should be straight by your sides.
- Lift your right leg and keep exhaling until your leg and hip form a 90-degree angle.
- Slowly lower the leg down.
- Repeat 10 times for each leg.
6. Train your neck and shoulders
It is important nowadays to take care of our neck and shoulders even more because we spend plenty of time in front of the computer. The most simple exercise for this is to tilt your head to different sides with your hand, by holding your neck with the other hand, like it’s shown above in drawing number 1. You can also try:
- Sit down, straighten your back, and raise your left hand over your head.
- Bend it at the elbow so that your left hand is over your head, near your right ear.
- Take the left elbow and start pushing it toward the head. Hold the stretch for 20 seconds.
- Repeat 3 times with each hand.
7. Finish with breathing through your nose
This exercise will help you reach a calm and relaxed state and get in touch with your body:
1. Lay down on your back in bed.
2. Relax your body.
3. Start breathing through your nose while doing a self-massage over your entire body.
Have you ever tried to exercise in the morning? Do you think it can change your mood for the better? Please share your experience and your advice with us!