Only a few people manage to live longer than 100 years, and Bernard LaPallo, lived a happy, fulfilling, and healthy life well into his second century. This man was born in 1901 in Victoria, Brazil, and as a little boy, he migrated to the United States. food, science, nutrition, cool stuff, food, science,
He managed to have four careers during the 114 years of his life.
In the 1920s, he started out as a 5-star chef, then ran a successful massage practice for 20 years after obtaining his license at the age of 71, and later in life, he became an author and lecturer.
At the age of 73, he graduated from New York University for reflexology and podiatry and delved into the study of herbology with Dr. Richard Schulze of the American Botanical Pharmacy.
When he was recognized as the oldest living Yankee, he became popular and used his fame to inspire thousands of other people. During his entire life, he was dedicated to a healthy lifestyle and healthy everyday routines.
He ate the same food every day, and was best known for his catchphrase, “Keep your liver and colon clean”. His diet included 5 key foods, and he believed that were responsible for his longevity: cinnamon, garlic, chocolate, olive oil, and honey.
Garlic is loaded with nutrients, lowers the risk of heart disease and blood pressure, while the healthy oils of olive oil improve heart and brain health. Moreover, cinnamon, honey, and chocolate have potent antioxidant properties that improve overall health.
Moreover, he ate soups, salads, whole grains, and organic fruits and vegetables. On the other hand, he avoided French fries, red meats, and hot dogs, claiming they are linked to cancer and serious health risks.
He regularly exercised both his mind and body by walking, reading, and doing crossword puzzles. In his book, Beyond 100: How to Live Well Into Your Second Century, he claims that we are nothing without our health.
Power Living listed some of his secrets for longevity, health, and wellbeing he reveals there:
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables- His diet was rich in berries and melons, mushrooms, applesauce, avocado, carrots, cabbage, sweet potato, and spinach.
- Drink plenty of water- He drinks a half a gallon of boiled water daily.
- Keep your colon clean, by juicing vegetables, and drinking two glasses of fresh vegetable juice a day
- Get at least six hours of sleep a night
- Strive for obedience and moderation, don’t do anything in excess, as moderation is the key.
- Exercise your body and mind
- Relax, relieve stress, and enjoy every moment.
Without a doubt, he reaped the numerous benefits of such a healthy lifestyle!
Except for the whole grains its pretty much the Keto diet.
very nice one