“Many individuals, especially the ones who are not used to having coconut in their everyday diet, regularly allude to coconut milk and coconut water conversely. However, these two drinks are completely different.
Coconut water is the clear, raw fluid you get when you open a green and fresh coconut that grows naturally in the fruit.
Coconut milk is a fabricated item, made by grinding the coconut milk, including water and crushing out the juice. This outcomes in a creamy, white fluid, not very different from the dairy milk. It is used in numerous mixtures, for example in, sauces and curry.”
Coconut water is very refreshing and delicious, and is a rich wellspring of different nutrients, such as, vitamin C, vitamin B, antioxidants, calcium, carbs, protein, fiber, magnesium, amino acids, manganese and iron, cytokines that have strong anti-cancer, anti-aging and anti-thrombotic properties, and micronutrients which are boosting the immune system.
Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD, reported:
“This refreshing drink has a nutty, sweet taste. It is rich in carbohydrates which are easily digested, in the form of electrolytes and sugar. Not to be mistaken for coconut oil or high-fat coconut milk, the coconut water is an clear fluid in the inside of the young fruit that is tapped from youthful, green coconuts.
It has less calories, it is richer in potassium than a sports drink, and has less sodium. Ounce per ounce, most unflavored coconut water contains 5.45 mg of sodium, 61 mg of potassium, 1.3 g of sugar and 5.45 calories.
Comparing it with Getorade, which has 13.75 mg of sodium, 3.75 mg of potassium, 1.75 g of sugar and 6.25 calories, the coconut water is still in the lead.”
You can drink it raw, or you can add it to your smoothies, therefore providing a huge number of benefits:
- The high levels of magnesium and calcium can relieve from stress and muscle tension.
- It prevents oxidative stress and hydrates the body, from excessive alcohol intake, which means it is relieving from hangovers.
- It decreases the insulin sensitivity in diabetics and decreases the blood sugar levels.
- It is able to lower the risk of blood clots and regulate hypertension, because of its richness in vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium.
- It can support weight loss, because it is boosting the digestion and the metabolism, due to its richness in bioactive components and low amount of calories.
- It decreases the formation of stones and crystals in the kidneys.
- It is useful as a sports drink, because it can energize the body.
- It has the ability to treat vomiting, diarrhea and excessive sweating triggered by dehydration.
- It treats bladder and kidney disorders, and stimulates the production of urine, which makes it a potent diuretic.
- Coconut water is able to decrease the risk of atherosclerosis, strokes, mad heart diseases, contains cardio-protective properties, it can boost blood circulation, and it is low in cholesterol and fat.
- It prevents from premature aging, because it is rich in cytokines which are nourishing the skin.
- It can treat acid reflux, stomach ache, gastroenteritis and indigestion.
- It prevents headaches caused from dehydration, it hydrates the body and it is rich in electrolytes and minerals.
- Coconut water can prevent from detrimental effects of acidosis and alkalizes the body.
So, you might want to start consuming this tasty, natural drink, and have the privilege to enjoy its numerous health benefits!