1. You’re not getting enough sleep.
- It affects your metabolism, making it much slower.
- Not getting enough sleep makes you feel hungry.
- It increases your cortisol level.
- You exercise less because you feel tired.
You must sleep at least 8 hours a night.
2. You overeat at dinner.
- You eat too much or too heavy food, and as a result your digestion slows, especially at nighttime.
- You tend to watch TV while eating, which also makes you eat more.
Choose a light dinner that mainly consists of proteins and vegetables.
3. You go to bed right after dinner.
- It makes you accumulate more fat cells.
- You have digestive problems.
You must have your last meal approximately 1.5-2 hours before bed.
4. You have fried food for dinner.
- It has too many calories that you won’t have time to burn off.
- You gain more fat cells.
- You can’t sleep well.
You should opt for baked, grilled, or steamed recipes at night.
5. You eat spicy food at dinner.
- Spices and spicy food can lead to poor digestion.
- You can’t sleep well.
- At night, as you spend many hours without consuming anything, spicy food can provoke heartburn.
Spicy food is actually good for speeding up your metabolism. Eat it, if you like it – maybe just not at night.
6. You have cereal or other carbohydrates for dinner.
- It gives you extra energy that you won’t use while you’re asleep.
- High-carb foods contain too many refined sugars that need to be burned off immediately.
For dinner you can have smoothies or fresh fruit, all kinds of salads or high-protein foods. But in small portions, of course!
7. You love eating dessert at night.
- White sugar and flour transform into fat cells.
- You can’t burn those calories off at night.
For dessert, have some fruit. It’s like healthy candy that won’t hurt your waist.
8. You snack after dinner.
- You overeat and consume empty calories.
- You get extra energy that will keep you awake.
- Avoid bread, cookies, or any other sweets after dinner.
- For a late snack, choose something light and healthy with less than 200 calories.
9. You tend to skip dinner.
- It doesn’t help you lose much weight because skipping meals slows your metabolism.
- It’ll only make you feel hungrier at your next meal.
- Skipping meals can cause anxiety.
- You lose muscle tissue, and your skin gets loose.
Even if you don’t have time for a decent lunch or dinner, at least try to eat a piece of fruit.
10. You consume alcohol or caffeine.
- These products affect your sleep.
- They contain many calories.
Choose natural smoothies or hot milk. Always finish your day with a glass of pure drinking water.
11. You use a cell phone or computer before bed.
- Blue light, emitted by those gadgets, affects health and sleep.
- Radio frequency waves also cause sleep deprivation.
Turn devices off at least one hour before bed. Read a book or listen to relaxing music instead.
12. You go to bed late every night.
- Going to bed past midnight makes you gain more fat because it’s not the natural body cycle.
- You will want to eat something early in the morning.
Go to sleep as soon as you feel sleepy. If you feel upbeat by the end of your day, try to include some physical exercises.