Bananas are real superfoods, full of minerals and vitamins, combined with their delicious taste, which explains why they are popular all around the world. health, nutrition, food, science, health, nutrition, food, science, health, nutrition, food, science, health, nutrition, science,
“Bananas contain all kinds of good things – health-promoting flavonoids and polyphenolics, such as lutein, zeaxanthin, beta and alpha carotenes, acting as free radical-gobbling antioxidants. That’s also an advantage in the high vitamin C content, most known for its infection-fighting properties.
Just one banana contains 467 mg of potassium, which is important for controlling your heart rate and blood pressure. The vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) in bananas provides around 28% of what is needed daily to help prevent anemia and coronary artery disease. The fiber in abundance helps keep your digestive system regulated. Magnesium helps strengthen your bones and protects your heart. Manganese is needed to activate the antioxidant enzyme. One banana supplies an adequate amount of copper to keep up the production of red blood cells.”
Therefore, bananas offer a variety of medicinal properties, and their regular consumption supports health in multiple ways. We give you 10 good reasons to start eating these incredibly healthy fruits daily:
Which is why we have prepared 10 reasons for you, to include bananas in your everyday diet:
1. Bananas are rich in potassium and low in sodium, therefore they are lowering our blood pressure and preventing from cardiovascular complications.
2. Bananas have the ability to treat anxiety, depression, improve our sleep, because they are rich in trypotophan, which is a serotonin precursor.
3. Bananas are a rich source of fiber, therefore they are able to prevent from bloating and indigestion, normalize our bowel movements and improve our digestion as well.
4. Bananas also have the ability to prevent from kidney stones formation.
5. You can prevent from glucose spikes by consuming bananas, because they are controlling our blood sugar.
6. Bananas are rich in vitamin B6, so they are able to prevent from inflammation and joint issues.
7. Bananas are also a rich source of potassium, so they are able to improve our brain function.
8. The consumption of bananas, will increase the levels of your energy, it will nourish your muscles and supply them with the proper amount of vitamins and minerals.
9. Bananas are able to improve the absorption of calcium, therefore strengthening our bones.
10. They also contain huge amounts of iron, which means they are supporting the production of red blood cells, and they are able to treat anemia.
Even if you are consuming bananas and you are a fan, you surely don’t know about some of these fats about them:
- The bananas are called musa sapientum scientifically, which means “fruit of the wise men”.
- The bananas we purchase from our grocery stores or local markets are a Cavendish banana type.
- A couple of decades ago, Florida was the place where bananas were grown, but today they are grown in Hawaii, and that is the only place in the U.S. So, most of the bananas we purchase are coming from South America and Latin America, also from Guatemala, Panama, Honduras, Colombia, Ecuador and Costa Rica.
- Technically the bananas are a type of berries.
- The bananas are not growing on the trees, actually they are growing on very large plants, which are considered to be herbs, along with some other members of this family, such as palms, orchids and lilies.
- 51% of the bananas that are consumed, are consumed for breakfast.
- Just as the watermelons and the apples, the bananas also float in water.
- In many countries, including Japan, the fiber that is contained in bananas is actually used for production of paper and fabric.
- There are some varieties of bananas, like bubblegum pink bananas with fuzzy skin, bananas that have strawberry taste once they are cooked and green & white striped bananas with pulp the color of orange sherbet.