- The Facts:In 1942 a large unidentified craft that was also tracked on radar was witnessed by over 1 million people. It hovered over Los Angeles as a city blackout was ordered. The military opened fire on the craft but failed to bring it down.
- Reflect On:This is one of multiple UFO encounters throughout ancient and modern history. Why do we always respond with violence?
” Everything is in a process of investigation both in the United States and in Spain, as well as the rest of the world. The nations of the world are currently working together in the investigation of the UFO phenomenon. There is an international exchange of data.” – General Carlos Castro Cavero (1979). From “UFOs and the National Security State, Volume 2,″ written by Richard Dolan.
Although the quote above comes from 1976, it also applies to decades prior. Fast forward to today and we now have thousands upon thousands of declassified documents (even though millions are still classified every year by the United States) that prove there was and still is a high level of interest in the UFO phenomenon from governments and military agencies worldwide. Documents indicate that these objects are tracked often on air/ground radar, sometimes simultaneously, as well as visually confirmed by the pilots scrambling to check them out. These objects perform maneuvers that defy our laws of physics and are clocked travelling at speeds no known aircraft on our planet can travel, at least some of them.
Their existence has now been confirmed within the mainstream.
Here is a great example of a declassified document detailing what happens when the military has an encounter with a UFO.
“As the F-4 approached a range of 25 nautical miles it lost all instrumentation and communications. When the F-4 turned away from the object and apparently was no longer a threat to it, the aircraft regained all instrumentation and communications. Another brightly lighted object came out of the original object. The second object headed straight toward the F4.”
To compliment these documents, we also have hundreds of statements from high ranking officials from around the world, like this one:
“There is a serious possibility that we are being visited and have been visited for many years by people from outer space, by other civilizations. Who they are, where they are from, and what they want should be the subject of rigorous scientific investigation and not be the subject of ‘rubishing’ by tabloid newspapers.” – Lord Admiral Hill-Norton, Former Chief of Defence Staff, 5 Star Admiral of the Royal Navy, Chairman of the NATO Military Committee
“Decades ago, visitors from other planets warned us about where we were headed and offered to help. But instead, we, or at least some of us, interpreted their visits as a threat, and decided to shoot first and ask questions after.”
The quote above comes from Paul Hellyer, former Canadian defence minister.
What Happened In 1942?
During the Second World War, UFO reports soared, especially after the atomic bomb was dropped. This is interesting given the fact that a number of the declassified documents indicate UFO incursions at several different military nuclear missile facilities around the globe. Perhaps the best and most well known example comes from 1967 at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana. The base controls a giant network of intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), where a number of highly trained military personnel witnessed a red, glowing UFO hovering outside the gate. At that time, all of the ICBMs shut down including the back-up generators. Just to be clear, this doesn’t ever happen. A conference was held seven years ago at the National Press Club discussing this issue.
But prior to World War 2, the UFO issue was still prominent. We even have historical records and artwork of UFOs in antiquity that are well documented. This particular article will focus on what happened above Los Angeles in 1942.
The picture you see above is of an object that hovered over Los Angeles in the early morning hours of February 25th, 1942. The small white dots around the object are artillery bursts. This incident happened only three months after Pearl Harbour. At the time, there was a lot of attention placed on the US and the US was on high alert.
Here are the facts:
- Several radars detected an object about 120 miles west of Los Angeles
- Within minutes, anti-aircraft batteries went on high alert
- At approximately 2:20 am, the object was tracked on radar to within a few miles of the coast and a city blackout was ordered
- Shortly after 3:00 am, the object appeared right over the city and anti-aircraft batteries opened fire
- Approximately 1500 rounds were fired into the sky, not over the ocean but directly over the city
- Three citizens died from the shelling and three more from heart attacks attributed to the shelling
- A great deal of property damage was inflicted
- Dr. Bruce Maccabee, an expert in photographic analysis, believed the objects to be roughly 100 feet or more in diameter
- The event was witnessed by approximately 1 million people